Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Drink up

My dad has entertained various hobbies throughout the year, most of them pretty fobby-- bonzai trees, rock collecting, koi, you name it. His most recent is Chinese herbal medicine.

Every few weeks he comes up with a new concoction that he bottles and tries to convince us is a cure-all. When I visited home with a bad cough, he had me drink a spicy cup of some sort of hot tea with all kinds of stuff floating in it--three times a day.

My mom has grudgingly put up with these hobbies, but she's pretty enthusiastic about this one. When I asked her to borrow some Advil, she said, "You don't need to take. Ask dad for something!"

I don't know if its the placebo affect, or the few Advil I take on the side just in case, but the stuff does make me feel a lot better. I decided to take some with me back to school just in case the cough comes back.

No comments:

Post a Comment